#474: Ways To Shake Things Up When You (& Your Team) Need A Reset
If your usual routine has you feeling uninspired, try doing something different
Do you ever get that feeling that you need to shake things up a bit in your business?
Maybe things have started to feel a little bit stagnant, or you’re not as excited about your online business as you once were. Maybe you feel like you’re just going through the motions, and are getting bored. Or maybe you’re just in need of some good old fashioned fun and quality time spent with your team.
Whatever it might be for you, I’m a true believer in shaking things up from time to time. I find that by doing something different -- just for the heck of it -- I come back feeling more creative, more energized, and more excited than ever about my business.
Recently, I started to get that itch to mix it up, so I did something that I’ve never done in Team Amy Porterfield history -- and let me tell you, it was so worth it.
In this episode, you’ll hear exactly what I did to connect, reset, and have some fun with my team -- plus some other ideas of things you can do when you start to feel a bit uninspired by your usual routine.
And more than anything, I hope this helps you realize that it’s not always about the hustle and grind. Taking the time to laugh, have fun, and experience new things -- whether it’s with your team or on your own -- will only help you become a better entrepreneur.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [05:36] Every quarter I meet up with my leadership team for a meeting. We do a lot of brainstorming, deep diving, and troubleshooting.
- [07:18] Usually we get straight to work, but it's been an intense quarter, and I wanted to shake things up. I decided to take everyone to Disneyland.
- [10:53] After returning from Disneyland, we had a great meeting. I attribute the meeting’s success to the fact that we had fun and connected the day before.
- [12:15] You don’t need to do anything expensive to shake things up. You can do a volunteer day, go on a picnic, hike, or just be in nature.
- [13:00] If you're a solopreneur, you can shake things up by going on a retreat, an inspiring trip, or attending an event. It’s all about doing something different.
- [14:15] You can also consider a total immersion weekend. Go somewhere you haven’t been and brainstorm on ways to improve your business.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!