#457: Embracing Radical Confidence With Lisa Bilyeu
Learn actionable strategies for boosting your self-confidence
We all know that person who can walk into a room and totally own it without even having to speak a word. I won’t lie -- every time I see that person, I’m a little bit envious of their natural confidence.
You’re probably thinking, “But Amy, you’re out there in front of the world! You are a confident person!” And I’m here to tell you that even though it seems like I’ve been blessed by the confidence Gods, it’s taken a lot of hard work. I’ve had to make confidence a practice, just like everything else that I want to succeed in.
But here’s the thing. Even if you’re not a confident person right now, you 100% can be, and my dear friend -- Lisa Bilyeu -- co-founder of Quest Nutrition and author of Radical Confidence, is here to talk about how to do just that.
In this episode, Lisa shares:
- How to deal with your weak spots and reframe your negative voice
- A step-by-step practice for identifying self-sabotage and how to break the pattern
- Tangible ways that you can boost your confidence
- How to change how you experience failure
Because let’s be real here. When it comes to growing a business, confidence is essential. It fuels your ability to take action, stretch your limits, overcome fear, and most importantly -- know that you can win the game.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [05:20] Radical Confidence is using tools to move forward even when you don't feel great about doing something. It's having the skills and tools to turn to when you feel insecure.
- [07:04] No bull-shit! What would it take? Instead of just sitting around wishing, ask what it would take for you to be the best pianist in the world. Break it down to steps and then decide if those steps are for you. You get to assess and decide whether to do it or not.
- [09:46] Failure can be inevitable when you're going after something you want. Look at your weaknesses, and accept that failure isn't an option. When you try to do those things, you will find inevitable weaknesses that you'll have to take a hard look at.
- [12:15] How do I stop this negative voice that's absolutely paralyzing me? A negative voice can be your kryptonite, think about how you can make it your superpower? It's about perspective and reframing. Be nice to yourself and don't beat yourself up.
- [14:20] Flip the mean girl in your head and find out what she's really trying to say to you in a positive way. Let the voice run wild and write everything down with no emotion. The critic becomes the coach.
- [19:01] Identifying self-sabotage and breaking the pattern. If we are the ones in our own way, then we can change that. What are you doing that gets in your way? Is your goal in line with what you want to do with your life? Is that why you're self-sabotaging yourself?
- [21:23] You can make choices that allow you to stop self-sabotaging over the goal you want. Not giving yourself the opportunity to experiment and explore is another form of self-sabotage we don't even recognize.
- [22:31] Get clear and write out your goal. Who? What? When? Why? How? This will give you a north star to move forward. Make a commitment and write down whether you did it or not. Address, reframe, and access.
- [26:24] Tangible ways for boosting your confidence. Have a hype song. There's a difference between knowing how to do something and wanting to do it. Have a strategy and game plan. Say yes! Find things that empower you. Cultivate a mental state that will empower you.
- [33:44] Emotional sobriety. Don't get so upset that you say or do things you regret. Being emotion drunk does not serve you. There are going to be people who frustrate you. Losing it does not serve you. Take an emotional shot of sobriety. You could just leave the room.
- [38:11] Write down what took place, but not your emotions. Once you have the words, you can look at your emotions and identify triggers. Use it as a guide and identify a game plan.
- [39:55] Radical Confidence is about living the life you want. This book will help you break down all of the things that are getting in the way like mindset and the way you show up every day. It's a guide and blueprint of how to navigate the life you want.
- [48:30] We need to work on confidence everyday. Choose one practice that resonated with you today and grab a pen and paper and embody that practice.
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!