#461: If You Want Lasting Success, Step Up Your (Long) Game
This strategy has been used for centuries by the most brilliant minds in business
In a world where most people play the short game, playing the long game offers a big advantage because it ensures your success as an entrepreneur for your entire career.
If you ask me, that sounds pretty great. So, why doesn’t everybody do it?
The reason why so many entrepreneurs forgo playing the long game (or completely fail at it) is because it’s not exactly easy to do. It takes patience, hard work, and the right mindset in order to master it. Plus, it requires long-term consistency and dedication, which -- let’s face it -- doesn’t sound very exciting, and it’s certainly not sexy.
But I’m here to tell you that it works. This has been one of the keys to my own success in business, despite the fact that it doesn’t come naturally to me.
Yes, friend, I’m not ashamed to admit that sometimes I get distracted by shiny short-term outcomes, and let my emotions get the best of me when challenges arise or when I feel the overwhelming pressure to stay ahead of the curve.
That’s why I constantly remind myself that there’s a reason why it’s said that success is a marathon, not a sprint. It’s because the long game is a time-tested strategy that has been used for centuries by the most brilliant minds in business.
In this episode, I not only share how playing the long game can help you get ahead in business, but the mindset you need in order to play the game correctly.
- What to tell yourself when you want to give up completely
- How to use your failures to help push you forward
- Why setting long-term goals is key, and can help you win the game
- Examples of how the long game has gotten me through challenges in my business
Alright, friend. I hope that you enjoy this episode, and after listening to it, you’ll be in-it-to-win-it, for the long haul.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [05:45] Playing the long game is all about your mindset, especially when things don't work out the way that you want them to.
- [11:32] If you're playing the long game, then a failure should just be your opportunity to fix something or make it better.
- [12:31] Don't be afraid to set audacious long-term goals. With a 3-year plan, you will show up differently versus a 6-month plan.
- [14:21] Sometimes it takes a while to achieve the benchmarks and goals that you set for your business. It might be much longer than you thought it would take.
- [18:13] You launch, you learn, you tweak, and then you repeat. This is a formula for success!
- [19:58] You are no longer allowed to have that conversation in your head that you're going to give up or jump ship!
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!