#456: A Lesson In Comparison: You Vs. Other Entrepreneurs
What I do to turn jealous thoughts into something productive
Raise your hand if you’ve ever had a jealousy hangover. You know, the lingering envy you have after seeing another entrepreneur achieve something that you want in your own business.
I’ll be the first to admit, I’ve had a jealousy hangover or two and as you’d expect, they’re no fun. But instead of letting these unsettled feelings get the best of me (which I’m 100% guilty of doing in the past), I use them to my advantage.
Yes, friend -- I have a few tricks up my sleeve that I use every single time I start comparing myself to other entrepreneurs. They not only help me steer clear of the dreaded jealousy hangover, but they also get me closer to focusing and achieving what I want. In this episode, I share:
- The exact questions I ask myself when I start comparing myself to others
- How to pinpoint where your jealousy comes from
- Ways to use feelings of envy in a productive way
- What I do to turn resentment of other entrepreneurs into excitement for them and motivation for myself
By shifting the way you think about other entrepreneurs’ success, I promise you’ll find that it brings you closer to achieving everything you’ve ever wanted and more.
Here’s a glance at this episode...
- [04:00] If you're feeling jealous or envious of another online business owner, ask yourself what they have that you want. What do they have that I want? You could use these envious feelings in a more productive way.
- [06:22] Get clear on your why, and you might uncover something that you hadn't even thought of. Then ask why I want that. This can give you clarity.
- [08:27] If you really work on your insecurities the next time you feel jealousy, it will be easier to cheer that person on and think I want that too.
- [10:15] The next time you feel bad, jealous, or envious toward another entrepreneur, just stop and notice it. It's okay to feel those feelings. Then you can turn that jealousy into something productive. Write down that thought in your phone or your journal.
- [11:03] What are you jealous about? What did they have that I wanted? Why do I want that? What will it bring me? How will it make me feel? What are some small steps I can take to get there? Take action on those steps!
Rate, Review, & Follow on Apple Podcasts
"I love Amy and Online Marketing Made Easy." <-- If that sounds like you, please consider rating and reviewing my show! This helps me support more people -- just like you -- move toward the online life and business that they desire. Click here, scroll to the bottom, tap to rate with five stars, and select “Write a Review.” Then be sure to let me know what you loved most about the episode!
Also, if you haven’t done so already, follow the podcast. I’m adding a bunch of bonus episodes to the feed and, if you’re not following, there’s a good chance you’ll miss out. Follow now!